The game is played with 52 cards. There is no joker used when you play poker online and no cards can be exchanged. The maximum amount and minimum amount to bet is decided by the house.
One may raise the maximum amount to the equivalent of what the pot holds. Only in tournaments unlimited betting is allowed.
1. A dealer is selected who will deal the hands. A dealer button is placed in front of the ridiculousfoodsociety player who is the dealer to identify him/her. With every hand the dealer changes and all the players on a table get the chance to deal.
2. The two players on the left of the dealer have to place ‘Forced’ bets. The immediate neighbor on the left places the Small Blind and the person next to him places the Big Blind. Big blind is the same as the minimum betting the house has decided and Small Blind would be half of Big Blind. For example, if minimum bet is $8 then Big blind would be $8 and small would be $4. Blind bets are placed before the dealing. It is called pre-flop betting round. Then the two cards are dealt.
3. Now the three face-up community cards or Flop Round are dealt. There is one round of betting. Players can check, raise, or fold.
4. Next, one card is dealt called Turn and betting is done. Again the options are check, raise, or fold.
5. The last community card is dealt called River.
6. After the last betting it is Show down where the players who have not resigned show their hands. The person who has created the best hand with pocket cards and the community cards takes the pot. If there is a tie then the pot is split. In case only one player remains with cards there is no show and the pot is given to him/her.
These are the basic rules of Texan Hold’Em Poker played in a casino. There can variations in betting from casino to casino. This game is quite simple and addictive, so for a beginner to the game to have the maximum fun join a table with smaller amount of betting.